The Naruto Way
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washi's search for the Toad Contract.

3 posters

Go down

Washi's search for the Toad Contract. Empty Washi's search for the Toad Contract.

Post by Washi Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:39 am

Washi walked tiredly through the forest, he looked forward and saw another sturdy mountain just like the countless number of mountains that he had bypassed before. He walked towards it, smelling the fresh air which Washi had now gotten used to. He irritably waved his arms about so that the mosquitos would avoid him. He carefully got out his map as he looked right up at the mountain.

"Hmm, so now I'm about half way between the wind country and the whirlpool country, but if I turn right here I'll be able to get to Kirigakure and buy some more supplies... but this mountain?"

Washi scratched his head thinking, the mountain was huge and yet it had not been plotted onto his map when even the smaller ones had been marked. Either he was now lost which he wasn't or the person who sold him the map at Iwagakure was a cheat. Washi decided on the later making a mental note to throw a kunai at the map seller's hands the next time they meet. But anyhow he was now in front of a huge mountain and the night was drawing in.

With a sigh he unpacked his things quickly and begun to gather firewood from the forest nearby, branches and sticks. He quickly gathered them into a pile before getting a match out and lighting a warm and comforting fire. He put both hands in front of the fire while thinking of how to get past the mountain tomorrow. He did not understand how the mountain had just suddenly appeared once he got within five hundred metres of it and if he were to try and go round it he would waste atleast another day or two doing so.

He was sure that one of his old comrades in the sand told him of a similar experience, yes that's right Kiza had definately come across a mountain or was it somebody else? He stretched a bit now before getting out a spear and walking to a nearby stream, hoping there was atleast some fish to eat tonight.

"Hmm, I guess I really do miss living in the sand," he said to himself as he stood in the stream, attempting to harpoon the smallest of fishes, "Or maybe I just miss the luxury."
Having harpooned three fishes for dinner, he carefully skinned them before dangling them above the fire to cook them. Unfortunately there were no spices or herbs to flavour them but he would have to do with the salty fresh flavour.

As he took a bite out of one of the cooked fish, he heard a sound that was quite unusual. Having been a wanderer for almost a year now he was quite used to hearing the sounds of crickets and birds in the wild but this one was unusual. A small shuffling sound and a croak, it reminded him of frogs but he knew that the shuffling could only have been from a larger animal such as a fox. It just so happened however that neither frogs or foxes would live in such a climate so Washi finished eating his first fish before walking towards the mountain and some bushes to investigate.

He crouched slowly towards the bush located near the mountain, walking in such a way that no sound could come out. He approached it now, licking his lips and imagining a large croaking goat to eat for breakfast later. Quickly he launched himself into the bush, two hands in front of him, his powerful legs propelling him in such a way that he gained flight for a mere few seconds. BAM! Washi shook his head, having fallen onto his face.

"Waaah, who the hell is that Gamaken-Sama!" said a small toad now jumping repeatedly on Washi's head. Washi shook his head again and looked forward. There was two large toad-like legs in front of him.

"What the hell..." said Washi dazily as he looked up, "Oh..."

Infront of him now was the largest toad that Washi had ever seen, it was definately larger than a goat and heck it was larger than anything it had ever seen, even larger then those imported elephants in the Waterfall country

"Gamatatsu don't be so rude, you've seen ninjas before!" croaked the large toad loudly as it scratched its bald head, "Could this be related to another of the Great Toad Sage's predictions? Hehe to have another wanderer stumble upon the great Myouboku Mountain."

"Great Myouboku Mountain?" asked Washi, now knowing he was in a dream and trying to make the most of it.

"Don't repeat me you little fly but yes Myouboku Mountain is where all of us summoning toads live," explained Gamaken now grabbing Washi with two fingers.

"I hope I wake up soon," said Washi now pinching himself everywhere as Gamaken flung him on its back but now interested at the prospect of the word, summoning.

"Gamaken-Sama!" shouted the little toad as it slid off Washi's head, "Stop ignoring meeee!"

"Shut up Gamatatsu or I'll tell Gamabunta that you sneaked out!" croaked Gamaken loudly, "Anyway we're going to bring this ninja here to the Great Toad Sage and he'll know what to do with him."

Gamaken walked for a long time, treading onto the great mountain with little Gamatatsu toddling behind, occasionally boulders and other rocks came down but Gamaken simply flicked them away with his fingers and continued on.

Eventually they had finally gotten to one of the top levels and now a slight mist descended. For some strange reason the mountain here had suddenly become flat and there was a jungle-like feel about the whole place. All of a sudden Washi was thrown by Gamaken right across the mountain.

"Hehehe, check out my shield fly!" croaked Gamaken, now holding onto a huge shield, "I fought great battles with this shield!"

Washi, dazed again carefully got up. He was unsure of how he even got to this situation in the first place, he was sure he could defeat the large toad being a Jounin but now it seemed the situation was out of hand and he had to find a way to get off the mountain.

"Gamaken, stop showing off now..." said a voice softly and a large old toad appeared, with two smaller toads appearing beside his shoulder, "It's been a long time since a human found the great Myouboku Mountain without even trying to. Hmm perhaps we should test him to see if he is worthy of our contract!"

"Great idea, mighty Sage!" said one of the smaller toads on his shoulder only to be interrupted by the other small toad which subsequently slapped him.

"Don't you go interrupting the Great Sage!" it said, still remaining in the shadows.

Washi got up and looked round it seemed he was surrounded by toads of many sizes, some large, some small, some huge like Gamaken and now here he was in the centre, being watched like a small insignificant fly.

"You seem strong, would you like to gain the power of the Toads?" said the old toad softly, "You must first pass the test to do so!"

Suddenly two large toads stepped into the circle made by the gathering, they were smaller than Gamaken but still larger than elephants. Both had wooden clubs and they swung towards Washi who quickly shunshined to their side.

"This fly sure is fast," commented one of the large toads and the rest of them laughed gleefully.

Washi carefully brushed the dust off his robes now holding in his anger at being laughed at and humilated by such primitive creatures.

"Don't underestimate me or Kira will taste toad flesh," Washi said darkly as he got out his personal kunai which tripled its length three times, "This blade can cut through your skin like it was water."

Washi shunshined towards them cutting through the wooden clubs but missed the toads themselves who were surprisingly fast and flexible. Suddenly they were gone and he looked around.

"We're here!"

Washi looked up quickly only to see two large toad bottoms hurtling towards him and he quickly used the replacement jutsu, replacing with a nearby boulder. There was a resounding sound as the two large toads made their respective craters as they landed while the boulder remained crushed. Washi threw Kira into the air while making handseals,

"Katon:Gouryūka no Jutsu!"

Three large dragon shaped fireballs of intense heat was blown out of Washi's mouth, two of them missed as the large toads flexibly dodged but the last one hit one of the toad's square in it's stomach knocking him onto the ground and causing a large burn on its body. Washi jumped up again to grab Kira before landing and seeing if the katon hit. Taking his time to look at the result however cost Washi as the surviving toad swiped at him with its hand, knocking him about twenty feet away.

"Argh," said Washi as he quickly got up but the toad gave him no time and a giant hand missed him by a few centimetres.

Washi quickly shunshined behind the toad, while making handseals and he pointed towards the toad now making eye contact,

"Magen: Washi no Jutsu!"

The toad charged at him, apparently thinking that the technique did not happen only for Washi to burst into a few eagles.

"What the," said the large toad clearly confused.

Washi stood still as the toad charged aimlessly around and the congregation of toads widened the circle, not wanting to be charged at.

"Great Sage, I could kill this toad now with any number of techniques but I do not kill aimlessly," said Washi now kneeling before the old toad.

"Good, not only have you shown power and strength but you have shown wisdom too, for that you earn my respect and deserve the contract of us toads. Gamaken bring the scroll!" said the old toad.

Gamaken slowly approached Washi, holding a small scroll with his two fingers and giving it to Washi. Washi clasped his hands together, ending the genjutsu that the other toad was now in and opened the scroll.

"Write your name down among the names of the other ninjas and bite your thumb to seal the deal. Let the blood drip onto this scroll and you will have a contract with the toads." said the old toad and one of the smaller toads handed him a ink brush,

"Here you go!" said one of the small toads on the Sage's shoulder.

Washi grabbed the brush, dipping it into the ink before slowly writing his name down onto the scroll and then without hesitation he bit his thumb, allowing a droplet of blood to go into the centre and seal the contract.

"Good, now with Kuchiyose no jutsu, you will be able to summon Gamaken or any of the other smaller toads as long as you bite your thumb to let out blood, fulfilling the contract. Of course, we will aid you in battle but remember that we also live our own lives and will not be summoned for other menial tasks," explained the Sage, "Now turn left and go down the steps, keep walking straight and you will go out of the mountain to the otherside and continue in your journey."

Washi quickly put the scroll into one of his large pockets inside his robe and with a swish of his robes begun to set off however before he could do so, a large toad suddenly blocked his way,

"You haven't passed the other tests yet," said the toad.

---------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

Words: 1912
Summon type: Toads
Summon: Large Adult toads (Gamaken) and below.

Last edited by Washi on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:44 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixing mistakes)
Washi
Washi
Leaf ANBU
Leaf ANBU

Back to top Go down

Washi's search for the Toad Contract. Empty Re: Washi's search for the Toad Contract.

Post by Paksennarion Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:26 am

Eto... You're supposed to get a challange from an Admin, not yourself. And you don't decide if you get the summons. Only Kiza-niisan does. If he thinks you did good enough.
Paksennarion
Paksennarion
Sand Genin
Sand Genin

Back to top Go down

Washi's search for the Toad Contract. Empty Re: Washi's search for the Toad Contract.

Post by Washi Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:06 am

I know I'm waiting to see if Kiza approves it or not before I write 2000 more words.

Incase I'm wrong, I'll edit it so that Kiza can rp the toads...
Washi
Washi
Leaf ANBU
Leaf ANBU

Back to top Go down

Post by Paksennarion Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:56 am

((You find the toad summons. Of course. XP))

The toad in front of you settled down effectively blocking the passageway. "Answer me this, What ends everything always?"
Paksennarion
Paksennarion
Sand Genin
Sand Genin

Back to top Go down

Post by Washi Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:35 pm

A riddle eh? Washi carefully thought about how he would answer this. What ends everything always? The first thing he thought of was death, but death only ends life, then he thought it was everything, but he was sure this answer would not suffice. Washi went through a list in his head but decided they were all pretty bad. Perhaps it was simply a matter of approach, perhaps thinking philosophically was the answer or perhaps there was no answer after all it didn't appear that anything ends everything always. Perhaps the answer was the lack of hope, but hope was an emotion and would not apply to things such as rocks and the connection was vague.

Washi scratched his head, looking carefully into the toad's eyes to see if he could decipher some clues to the answer. What a day it had been, first finding a huge mountain that wasn't plotted then finding talking frogs and frogs that could apparently speak human language. Washi's eyes widened. Wait that was it! Language was the key to the riddle. What ends everything always? The answer was clear to him now. What ends everything? G! Always! But then again not always, there are many different languages, alphabets and writing systems. Maybe it was best to give multiple answers? But the toad said answer!

Washi scratched his head a second time thinking of whether it was even neccessary to answer this riddle. He had already gotten the contract and it was merely a question of whether he could get away. Then again it was probably best to leave on good terms if he was ever going to summon them.

"Depending on the language and alphabet, G, philosophically: the lack of hope and logically nothing," said Washi carefully, "Sometimes there are multiple answers for a question but even if the question demands one answer, the wiseman chooses to answer them all."
Washi
Washi
Leaf ANBU
Leaf ANBU

Back to top Go down

Post by Paksennarion Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:40 pm

The toad smiled, "You are correct. You have more wisdom than your age implies. Leave now, and if you ever need help summon us." He stepped out of the way.

((You've complete the test and succeeded. Wait for Kiza-niisan to approve this.))
Paksennarion
Paksennarion
Sand Genin
Sand Genin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiza Byarigan Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:21 pm

((You don't have to wait for me Paks, you're an admin as well you have my complete trust un accepting things like this. Escpecially since it was your idea after all.))
Kiza Byarigan
Kiza Byarigan
Kazekage
Kazekage

Back to top Go down

Post by Paksennarion Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:37 pm

((Yes but you have the ultimate decision over who passes the summons test. XP))
Paksennarion
Paksennarion
Sand Genin
Sand Genin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiza Byarigan Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:49 pm

((Thanks for the respect Paks, but you deserve just as much. ^.^ . Ok let's stop spamming the topic lol.))

~Approved~
Kiza Byarigan
Kiza Byarigan
Kazekage
Kazekage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down