The Naruto Way
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anei's Quest For the Spider Contract

2 posters

Go down

Anei's Quest For the Spider Contract Empty Anei's Quest For the Spider Contract

Post by Anei Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:30 am

Anei had done well on his own. He had overcome everything his mentor had ever thrown at him, and trained endlessly for two years after ‘achieving’ Jounin rank. Now that he was a part of Akatsuki, it was time to step up his game. This organization was not one that was to be taken lightly. And so, as a part of this organization, he had to do all he could to make sure he was not taken lightly either. He was more than capable in various Taijutsu techniques, had fast reflexes and was very flexible. He had even gone through the trouble of training his rather difficult lightning element, and was now able to use a few Raikiri jutsu. Nonetheless, his training had peaked his abilities in the past few months, and he hadn’t been improving much. As a symbol of his joining Akatsuki, he had to find a new weapon for his arsenal.
He had heard the one called Ijin talking about a genin he had killed. The boy had used a spider summon to work in a strike against him. A genin, landing a hit on Akatsuki. It was impressive, although Ijin would never admit to it, insisting he had let the blow land. To what end? A scar from the dumbest genin ever? What sort of badge was t hat to wear? If a genin could pull something like that off, imagine what a member of Akatsuki could do with such a helpful companion.

Anei knew the basics of summoning, he had been taught as much by his mentor in his teens. A contract, a pact, an agreement, had to be made between the animals and the ninja, and such pacts were not easily made. There would be trials to face, a price to be paid. Only when proven worthy would you be granted the privilege of summoning them to aid you in battle. But before any of that, one had to be lucky enough to even find the things with which there would be a contract made. Anei had again caught an easy break, as Ijin had looted the body of the genin, and found a map in his pack, marking the exact location where he had found the spiders. Anei had traveled for four days, and now the plateau was in view, a dark silhouette on a flat plane, seemingly unlit even by the full moon.

The plateau was the only distinctive feature in the area, it had to be the place…but where were the spiders? Surely they would not reside on top of the plateau? Perhaps a group of trees on the other side, a cavern maybe. Anei shrugged and decided it was best to simply follow the road for a bit. Anei checked to make sure he had everything as he walked down the dusty old road. He traveled as light as possible, though there were a few essentials no shinobi should go without. He had his straight katana, as always, strapped to his back beneath his trench coat. In the inner pockets, a dozen shuriken and a pair of smoke bombs, a roll of steel string and a couple small bags of caltrops.

Anei yawned softly, checking the map again to make sure this was the right place, coming around the corner of the plateau he grinned, eyes shining brightly in the moonlight, a light chuckle escaping him as he set his view on the small cave opening. This must be the place… Putting the map away and placing his hand on the hilt of his katana uncertainly, he peered into the cavern.

“Heeey! Anyone in there?”
Anei
Anei
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

Back to top Go down

Anei's Quest For the Spider Contract Empty Re: Anei's Quest For the Spider Contract

Post by Paksennarion Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:41 pm

"Who calls so loudly and without shame?" A sinuous low voice called out. Eight big red dots appeared inside the cave, and the outline of long black legs could be seen as a loud chittering sound accosted your ears.
Paksennarion
Paksennarion
Sand Genin
Sand Genin

Back to top Go down

Anei's Quest For the Spider Contract Empty Re: Anei's Quest For the Spider Contract

Post by Anei Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:51 pm

Anei kept his grip loosely on the hilt of his blade, though a cool calm swept over his face, and a humiliated smile that for all intents and purposes seemed genuine. He bowed his head for a moment.

"A thousand pardons, I hadn't truly expected to hear a reply. I am Anei Amimono...would I perchance have the great honor of conversing with one of the great spiders?"

Anei grinned to himself, lifting his head, wondering if the last name of 'web' would win him any points.
Anei
Anei
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Paksennarion Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:00 pm

"I am one such as you speak of. What do you want?" He asked caluculatingly. "My kindred go hungry as we speak, I do not have time to dabble with meaningless humans."

He leered at you, his eyes glowing intensely. The chittering increased in noise.
Paksennarion
Paksennarion
Sand Genin
Sand Genin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anei Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:04 pm

Anei smiled continuously, though his eyes squarely met the gaze of the spider. He relaxed himself, letting his hand slide away from his blade's hilt and letting himself seem more friendly.
"I seek the help and aid of a powerful being. You fit the profile of a superior creature who could greatly multiply my battle capability. You go hungry you say? What is it exactly you would feed upon?"
Anei
Anei
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Paksennarion Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:32 pm

"What do we feed upon? Why would the likes of you want to know?" he shuffled his front legs. Then peered at you again, assesing.

He seemed edgy, "Fine than, if you must burden me with your presence I shall tell you. We feed upon the chakra of the recently deceased. It should be obvious that this is a hard commodity to come by. We can't just kill you humans left and right, there are too many of you little ants and even ants, little as they are, are dangerous in hordes." He shuffled forward a bit, enough so that you could see that he was much taller than he previously appeared to be.
Paksennarion
Paksennarion
Sand Genin
Sand Genin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anei Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:41 pm

Anei smiled softly, bowing his head again, lower than before.
"I apologize to be such a bother to your greatness...Your kind go hungry you say, but you feed upon the chakra of the deceased...I happen to know that in a small amount of time, there is like to be a very large amount of deceased in a small area... A battle is to take place....When it is concluded or near to being finished I can release you and all those who would feed onto the scene and you can eat to your hearts content, if you would but lend me your power... and in the meantime I will hunt, and do what I can to appease your appetite, to what extent I may..."
Anei
Anei
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Paksennarion Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:45 pm

The large spider clacked his fangs. "I do not trust you. You must bring me someone of large chakra capacity, to prove your ability. I will not help a weak human."
Paksennarion
Paksennarion
Sand Genin
Sand Genin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anei Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm

For a very brief moment, Anei let his temper flare. His blood began to boil, his chakra building as he willed it, swelling within him, he let it erupt outside his body, taking the form of electric energy which began to crackle and spark around him as he stepped forward towards the spider, lightning flashing in his eyes. And even so, he retained the friendly smile he had worn the entire time.
"I assure you my friend I am no weak human. I have plenty of chakra and ways of getting you more, if you so desire. Sample some for yourself, if you doubt either my capacity or my strength and willpower."
Anei smirked and held out his hand, electricity arching from it, though in no way an attack, nothing more than a show, offering a small amount of his chakra as an appetizer, his willingness to submit himself to the test of his enemy readily apparent in his movements, his smile remaining, unfaltering.
Anei
Anei
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Paksennarion Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:57 pm

The spider scrutinized his face and comportment. It seemed to grin. "Human, I like your control," He reached a long leg out and touched the chakra, draining a small amount, "You are welcome to sign our summoning scroll," he produced it from somewhere and set it on the ground.

"You... You are subtle, more subtle than most humans can comprehend. We spiders appreciate a well spun web," he nodded his head slightly.
Paksennarion
Paksennarion
Sand Genin
Sand Genin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anei Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:05 pm

Anei grinned at this, the arching sparks of electrical energy slowly subsiding as he bowed deeply to the spider, who had drained him somewhat of his chakra. He unsheathed a portion of his blade and drew his index finger upon it, and once the blood began to flow he wrote his name up on the scroll in his own blood, smiling through every moment.

"I thank you sincerely. I hope that with my web spun and you spiders lurking upon it, no foe shall stand before us without their knees trembling"
Anei
Anei
Akatsuki
Akatsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Paksennarion Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:22 pm

((You receive the Spider Summons Scroll))
Paksennarion
Paksennarion
Sand Genin
Sand Genin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down